A Blue Badge is a disabled parking permit. It helps people with disabilities or health conditions park closer to their destination. To qualify for a Blue Badge, you must have an enduring and substantial disability. You will need to provide evidence of this.
Please ensure you have read Who can apply for a Blue Badge before proceeding.
There is a £10 charge when applying for a Blue Badge payable by credit or debit card. If you are not eligible, you will be refunded.
Please note if you do not send documents requested or complete your application (including booking a mobility assessment if required) within 4 weeks, your application will be cancelled and any payments made will not be refunded. Furthermore, if you cancel your application payments will not be refunded.
This application process is for both first time applications and customers who have an existing Blue Badge. If your Blue Badge is due to expire and you cannot find the details when you select 'renew', please complete a new application.
For visible (physical) conditions it can take up to 4 weeks to issue a badge. For non-visible (hidden) conditions it can take up to 8 weeks to issue a Badge. If you contact us before then, we will be unable to provide any further information. We can only fast track applications where the applicant is terminally ill.
Non-visible conditions applications
Once you have submitted your application, we will be in contact within 5 working days to supply you with additional forms. This will consist of:
- An additional information form for you to detail your conditions and how it causes you to severely struggle with journeys between a vehicle and a destination.
- A form for a professional to complete on your behalf to evidence how you meet the above criteria, or
- You can send us a recent letter from a health or educational professional which evidences your conditions and how you meet the eligibility criteria.
Once we have received your application and the correct documentation, it can take up to eight weeks to issue a Blue Badge under the non-visible (hidden) disability criteria. If you contact us before then, we will be unable to provide any further information.
Getting help with your application
If you have any problems using the online form, a family member or friend can assist you with your application. Alternatively please call 0345 045 5204 to speak to the Blue Badge team for help over the phone. You can also receive free help at your local library where computers, printers and scanners are available for use. Please be aware that library staff are unable to send emails on your behalf. For those customers who need a member of library staff or a volunteer to help them with the online process, pre-booked appointments may be necessary.
- Cambridge Central Library - help is generally available on a drop in basis.
- Huntingdon, St Ives, St Neots, Ely, March, Wisbech and Clay Farm, Trumpington, Cambridge Libraries - offer pre-booked appointments and may also be able to assist you without a booking on a drop in basis.
- All other libraries are single staffed and will assist where possible, but may need to suggest alternatives such as an appointment with a volunteer.
You can make an appointment with your local library by calling 0345 045 5225.
Applications will only save after payment has been made. When attending the library please ensure you are able to make the £10 payment online. Library staff cannot access saved applications.
Need to change the address for your Blue Badge?
If you have recently moved and need to change the address on your Blue Badge, please call us on 0345 045 5204.
Expired Blue Badges
If you have an expired Blue Badge, or you no longer need to use your Blue Badge, you do not need to return it to us. Please destroy the Blue Badge yourself.
Lost, stolen or damaged Blue Badges
If your Blue Badge has been lost, stolen or damaged and you need a replacement, you will need to complete our replacement form.