To find out about eligibility criteria for a Blue Badge, please see our apply or reapply for a blue badge page.
You will be required to supply in support of your Blue Badge application:
- a recent, colour, passport sized photograph in accordance with passport standards
- proof of address dated within the last 12 months, which should either be a copy of a utility bill, or an official letter in your own name e.g. from a bank, building society or local council.
- proof of identity e.g. a birth certificate, driving licence or passport. This proof must detail your full name and date of birth.
- a scanned copy of any additional medical information in support of your application
For applicants who automatically qualify, you will also be asked to provide proof of your entitlement to your qualifying benefit. The types of documents that are suitable for this for each criteria are listed below. Your blue badge will only be issued up to the expiry date of the proofs you provide.
Please provide copies, original documents cannot be returned.
Severe sight impairment
- a copy of your ophthalmologists report/CVI/BD8 form.
Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance
- a copy of your entitlement letter for the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance issued within the last 12 months or an original copy of your yearly update letter.
War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement
- a copy of your entitlement letter for the War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement.
Receive an award under the Armed Forces and Reserve Forces (Compensation) Scheme
- a copy of your award letter confirming receipt of tariffs 1-8 under the Armed Forces and Reserve Forces (Compensation) Scheme, which also certifies that you have a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty walking.
Meet the 'moving around' descriptor for the mobility component of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- a copy of your Personal Independence Payment (PIP) decision letter issued within the last 12 months, showing you have been awarded 8 or more points on the ‘moving around descriptor’ only.