Free online learning
Cambridgeshire County Council and Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG have produced a Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) online learning tool specifically for health professionals. This online resource is completely free and will help healthcare professionals understand:
- What the MCA is
- What they need to know
- How it affects them
- How it affects their patients
- How to apply this to their practice
The modules are designed to support and update your knowledge whenever you need it and are supported with relevant case studies and films from experts in this field.
The modules are also supported by a knowledge check which is also certificated.
We would emphasise that this resource is not a replacement for face to face MCA/DoLS training which is available to book in house and free of charge for all GP Practices in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
There are 3 courses available (the length of the training can be tailored to your needs):
- An Introduction to the MCA/DoLS: 1 to 2 hours and can include an update on Safeguarding Adults and is available for clinical and non-clinical staff
- Supported Decision Making and the MCA in Clinical Practice: 2 to 4 hours available for clinical staff only
- MCA/DoLS Case Law Update: 1 to 2 hours but only available for practices that have accesses the first 2 courses
Your training needs
To access free training contact our training administrators: [email protected] or to discuss your training needs you can also contact the MCA/DoLS training manager: [email protected] or telephone: 07584 490 240.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 01223 699 307 or 01223 703 538
Fax: 01223 475 983
Mental Capacity Act Training Team
Box No: SH1211