Support for families
Support for families is provided through 7 district teams. The teams work to provide services that support local families, children and young people. They are led by an Early Help District Managers.
Who works in the locality teams?
The teams are made up of practitioners from a range of backgrounds, including:
The teams work closely with other services such as:
- primary mental health workers
- social care
- specialist services for children and young people with a disability
- education services for children and young people out of school
The district teams have strong links with their local schools, Children's Centres and health and voluntary organisations.
The support on offer includes:
- advice and support to families who need additional help with parenting
- providing young people with information and advice on education, employment, training and personal development opportunities
- work with students who have behavioural problems by supporting schools
- help to ensure children attend school regularly and punctually
- specialist support for young people needing help in the transition to adulthood