Youth Support Service
The Youth Support Service supports young people in Cambridgeshire with their health, lifestyle and career aspirations, enabling them to achieve their full potential in their transition to adulthood. The service is delivered by a range of staff working in small teams across Cambridgeshire who work from district team offices, schools, colleges and youth centres.
We do this by:
- involving young people in having a voice about every aspect of services provided for them, especially those young people who need us most
- working in partnership with all who work with young people at a local level
- assessing the local needs so that we put resources in the right places
- undertaking equality impact assessments to ensure that the most vulnerable and disadvantaged have appropriate access and support
- ensuring that our priorities are targeted at meeting the needs of those young people who have the most complex issues such as our looked after children, young offenders, young people with disabilities or special education needs.
Contact the National Careers Service or phone 0800 100 900 for information and guidance on career choices at all ages.
Accessing the service
There are Youth Support Service centres in Wisbech, Huntingdon, St Neots, Ely, March and Cambridge. Young people 16+ who are in need of help can attend drop-in sessions or book to meet with a front line worker.
This includes help with choosing courses, training opportunities, CV preparation, job search, interview techniques and a job vacancy service.
Locations, opening times and online support for 11 to 19 year olds can be found on Youthoria.
For youth work programme information and queries please contact the Early Help District Manager for your area.
Supporting Youth Support Service development
There is a countywide team, headed up by Liz Morris - 01223 699 603 or [email protected].