Training to support adults with a learning disability
PROACT-SCIPr-UK® training helps to prevent challenging behaviour in adults with a learning disability. The training supports staff to identify triggers and early behavioural indicators. This allows non-physical interventions before crisis point is reached.
We use PROACT-SCIPr-UK® as our preferred method of supporting individuals. Cambridgeshire County Council provides training to organisations which work with people with a learning disability.
- can improve the lives of people with a learning disability by avoiding situations escalating to crisis
- reduces the risk of staff injury
- gives people the skills to communicate their own needs, rather than presenting with a behavioural challenge
PROACT-SCIPr-UK® Introductory & Foundation - 2 days
This course gives a positive range of options to use when managing challenging behaviour. It covers a range of techniques to calm and de-escalate a situation to keep everyone safe.
PROACT-SCIPr-UK® Refresher - 1 day
This course updates you around the use and implementation of the PROACT-SCIPr-UK® philosophy. It encourages you to reflect upon your practice and give you a positive range of options to use when managing challenging behaviour, including techniques to calm and de-escalate a situation.
We can also provide PROACT-SCIPr-UK®:
- instructor training and refresher courses
- two hour induction sessions
- service specific support and consultancy
- positive behaviour support one day course
- short courses for parents
Contact us for more information
Positive Behaviour Support Coordinator
Tel: 07831 687586
Email: [email protected]