Citizens Advice Peterborough
Citizens Advice Peterborough (CAP) is a charity, established in 1967; to serve local people, providing free advice for the problems they face, as well as working to improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives.
We are Peterborough’s only quality assured general advice agency working hard to support a rapidly developing multicultural city. Each year, we help around 8,500 people, and our vision is of a community in which everyone will be able to access free, independent, impartial
and confidential advice.
Our work has been recognised by the awarding of the Advice Quality Standard and is proven to make a difference. Each year we help clients to reschedule or have annulled over £1.5 million of debts and claim benefits of over £3 million, which is a major boost to them and to the local economy.
Our key aim is the prevention of homelessness in the city and we work towards helping people to reatain sustainable housing and boost wellbeing.
Our advisors provide practical advice but also deliver hope for the future to the vulnerable.
Our general advice service is funded by Peterborough Council so you need to be resident in Peterborough to use our service.
We prefer agencies or third party organisations to refer clients utilising our secure web based referral system "Refernet"
Facilities and equipment
Our office in St Mark's Street, Peterborough is DDA compliant.
- Monday:9am – 12pm, 1pm – 4pm
- Tuesday:9am – 12pm, 1pm – 4pm
- Wednesday:9am – 12pm, 1pm – 4pm
- Thursday:9am – 12pm, 1pm – 4pm
- Friday:9am – 12pm, 1pm – 4pm
- All Year
- Opening Notes:
- Our main office is located a short walking distance from the city centre and is accessible on the No: 1 & 2 bus routes, there is limited free parking outside the charity and additional metered parking in Church Walk, Lincoln Road or Park Road. We operate a drop in system for "Initial Assessments", there is no option to pre-book appointments (other than via Adviceline, or for vulnerable/disabled clients), and clients will be seen on the day, initially by an Information Assistant who will try to support the client through our self help options. If the case requires advice they will then be seen by an Adviser.
- Cost: Free
- Age range: 16 - 99+
Last updated on: 15 April 2020