The Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Information Sharing Framework ('the Framework') is a high level agreement between a number of public organisations in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. Its aim is to facilitate more effective data sharing across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough where this is needed to improve service delivery or to enable each organisation to respond quickly to customer needs.
Information can only be shared when it is appropriate and legal to do so and the Framework helps to ensure that all of the involved parties understand and comply with their obligations in this area. The Framework sets out common standards and also helps to ensure that information that is shared is managed consistently and securely.
The Framework has followed the recommendations in the Information Commissioner's recent Code of Practice on Information Sharing and also builds on information sharing good practice in other counties, including Leicestershire.
The Framework was created by a group of public sector organisations in Cambridgeshire. This webpage has been published on behalf of the whole partnership. The current core partners are:
- Cambridge City Council
- Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group (now Cambridgeshire Peterborough Integrated Care System)
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust
- Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust
- Cambridgeshire Constabulary
- Cambridgeshire County Council
- Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Combined Authority
- Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service
- East Cambridgeshire District Council
- Fenland District Council
- Huntingdonshire District Council
- North West Anglia Foundation Trust
- Peterborough City Council
- South Cambridgeshire District Council
- Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- East of England Ambulance Service Trust
Affiliate members will be added to the framework once confirmed.
Where information sharing is required to support relevant objectives, Framework partners - and any additional participants who are not direct signatories to the Framework - draw up a dedicated Information Sharing Agreement to work to, using an agreed Information Sharing Agreement template.
The existence of the Framework makes this process faster and also helps to ensure that each agreement is drawn up with advice from the organisations' information sharing experts named in the framework.
More information for organisations sharing information
For more advice on information sharing in Cambridgeshire, please contact one of the nominated information experts listed above from the participating organisations.
More information for members of the public
The Information Sharing Charter at the top of this page is a leaflet explaining the Cambridgeshire Information Sharing Framework and how it affects members of the public.