Support during normal business hours
The IT Service Desk operates Monday to Thursday 7:30am to 6pm and from 7:30am to 4.30pm on the last working day of the week (excluding statutory holidays). Calls can be logged via Let’s Go Direct or by phoning 0300 126 7333 option 1.
IT support outside business hours
Calls made to the IT Service Desk outside normal service hours will be redirected to a voice mail service and you will be asked to leave a message. You will also need to give your user name, user ID and contact details.
If your message is left between 10am-6pm on a Saturday or Sunday on-call support will be alerted and will respond to you within two hours.
If your message is left outside these times the call will be responded to the following morning unless this is a statutory holiday.
On-call staff will:
- reset network passwords and unlock network accounts if required.
- reset CCC BlackBerry passwords.
- confirm whether or not the Remote Access System is available.
- investigate whether corporate critical services such as email and logging in are available and attempt to restore if not.
- Other business systems are investigated on a best endeavours basis.
Please note that:
- where a non-CCC PC is used for remote access any advice is offered without detailed knowledge of the configuration of the PC and network being used, and any changes you choose to make to your own PC or network configuration as a consequence of this advice are at your own risk
- Cambridgeshire County Council IT Service is not able to provide support for PCs and networks that it does not manage. If you are unsure about following any of the advice offered please consult your own IT support provider