Communities Service


The Communities Service service supports the development of a youth offer for Cambridgeshire. Community Coordinators Youth and small project teams across Cambridgeshire deliver the service.

Led by communities

  • Working in partnership with those working with young people at a local level.
  • Working in partnership with local communities to understand local needs. So that we put resources in the right places, empower and support communities to deliver their own sustainable solutions.
  • Supporting communities who wish to deliver their own youth services. Helping with governance, funding and safeguarding through mentoring, training and signposting.

Delivered by effective partnerships

  • Facilitating the Community Reach Fund. The funding enables new community groups to meet needs within their community.
  • Securing external funding to deliver youth programmes and make existing programmes accessible to young people who need them.

Informed and enjoyed by young people

  • Giving young people a say in every aspect of services provided for them.
  • Supporting young people to play a part and be recognised within their communities through:
    • volunteering
    • meaningful social action
    • speaking out and having a voice
    • participation in positive activities that support their development, emotional health and well being

Accessing the service

Young people can access information, advice and support to enable them to take part and access our programmes.


Help and advice

If you are facing issues and need help or advice these are some of the services you can use.

Social Care (this used to be called Social Services)

If you need to contact a social worker for help or to talk about someone at risk, ring the Cambridgeshire MASH (Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub) on 0345 045 5203 (office hours 9:00AM until 5:00PM) or at all other times please contact the Emergency Duty Team on 01733 234724.

The Police

If you need help immediately call 999 or 112.
If it is not so urgent you can call Cambs Police on 101.

Medical emergencies

If you need urgent help in a serious emergency call 999 or 112.
If it is less serious you can call 111 or your doctor.

Childline website

Childline is here to help anyone under 19 in the UK with any issue they’re going through. You can talk about anything. Whether it’s something big or small, their trained counsellors are here to support you.

Centre 33 website

Centre 33 is a Cambridgeshire youth charity and will support young people up to the age 25 with mental health, caring responsibilities, housing, sexual health, and more.

The Kite Trust website

The Kite Trust are Cambridgeshire’s leading organisation working with LGBT+ young people. They promote the health, well-being, and inclusion of LGBT+ young people across Cambridgeshire; raising awareness, supporting, and educating local communities.

CASUS website

CASUS provide information, support and specialist treatment in Cambridgeshire, around drug and alcohol use, to young people under 18 and their families. Their website contains information on our services, including how to refer yourself, or somebody else, and lots of information and advice around drugs, alcohol, and mental wellbeing.

FRANK website

Honest information about drugs.

Keep Your Head website

Keep Your Head brings together reliable information on mental health and wellbeing for children, young people and adults across Cambridgeshire & Peterborough.

MIND website

They provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem.

Kooth website

The Kooth team will provide free, safe and anonymous online support and counselling.

Samaritans website

Samaritans are available here, day or night, for anyone who’s struggling to cope, who needs someone to listen without judgement or pressure. They give people ways to cope and the skills to be there for others. And they encourage, promote and celebrate those moments of connection between people that can save lives.

We offer listening and support to people and communities in times of need. Call free on 116 123.

YOUnited website

YOUnited offers help to children and young people with their emotional wellbeing and mental health.

It is available to those up to the age of 25 and offers a range of support including therapies, counselling and guided self-help.

Referrals can be made to YOUnited by a GP or any professional working with children or young people.

iCaSH (integrated Contraception and Sexual Health Services)

The iCaSH (integrated Contraception and Sexual Health) service provides all aspects of sexual and reproductive health, including contraception, emergency contraception, sexually transmitted infection (STI) and HIV testing and treatment.

National Careers Service

The National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work.