Benefits for adults and older people

Each year, more than £3.5 billion of pension credit and housing benefit goes unclaimed by older people in the UK. Are you eligible?

Find a benefits calculator to check whether you are eligible

Please note: Cambridgeshire County Council does not administer benefits. You will need to apply for benefits at website, through your district/city councils for housing benefit.

Attendance Allowance

Helps with extra costs if you have a disability severe enough that you need someone to help look after you.

Carers' Allowance

Paid if you care for another person - who receives certain benefits - for more than 35 hours a week.

Personal Independence Payment

Can help you with some of the extra costs if you have a long term ill-health or disability

Universal Credit

A monthly payment to help with living costs.

Disability Living Allowance

Currently being phased out and replaced by Personal Independence Payments (PIP)

Housing Benefit

Help to pay your rent if you are on a low income.

Making Money Count is a local website which provides information on money, bills, work, getting online, housing, and universal credit.

Details of other local organisations which can help with money, debt and benefits

Welfare benefits team

We can provide support and assistance with claiming disability benefits and other connected benefits. There is also a home visiting service aimed at people who are unable to access front line advice or live in rural areas of Cambridgeshire. 


Telephone: 01353 612 926

Address: Amundsen House, Compass Point Business Park, Stocks Bridge Way, St Ives, PE27 5JL