Trading licences & registrations

For fees and charges relating to the below licences, please refer to the 'People and Communities Statutory Fees and Charges' document on our fees and charges webpage.

The licences issued by Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Trading Standards include:

  • Explosive storage licensing
  • Petroleum storage certificates
  • Registration of animal feed producers

Explosives storage licensing

You can apply for or renew an explosive storage licence using the paper form below. Please make cheques payable to "Peterborough City Council", as they administer the licensing function on behalf of Cambridgeshire County Council.

Please post your cheque and completed application form to:

Trading Standards
Cambridgeshire County Council
PO Box 450
Great Cambourne
CB23 6ZR

Application for an explosives storage licence 25072018106KBword
Size: 106KBFile format: word

General information and guidance on explosives licensing can be found on the Health and Safety Executive website. What to do in the case of refusals, revocations and appeals can also be found on the Health and Safety Executive website here.

Cambridgeshire County Council also has produced some guidelines for explosives licensing and firework storage below. If you need further information please see the British Pyrotechnics Association website.

For licences to sell fireworks all year round, please email for more information.

Explosive guidance with fees 2021-2276KBword
Size: 76KBFile format: word
Fireworks storage guidance 2507201853KBword
Size: 53KBFile format: word

Performing animal registration licensing

This function became the responsibility of district / city councils as of 1 October 2018. Please contact your local district / city council for further information.

Petroleum storage certification

General information on petroleum storage can be found on the Health and Safety Executive website or the websites of trade associations - Association for Petroleum and Explosives Administration and Petrol Retailers Association. Links to our petroleum certification forms can be found below.

Registration of animal feed businesses

Information on feed hygiene can be found on the Food Standards Agency website or the websites of trade associations - Agricultural Industries Confederation and Red Tractor Assurance Scheme. Further information on the Animal Feed (Hygiene, Sampling etc. and Enforcement) (England) Regulations 2015 can be found on

Also please see our guidance note below on animal feed registration.

Safety of sports ground certification

Information on safety of sports grounds and event safety can be found on the Health and Safety Executive website. The relevant legislation is the Fire Safety and Safety of Places of Sport Act 1987 which can be found on the website. The Sports Grounds Safety Authority have also produced a guidance booklet on sport ground safety - The Green Guide. Further advice can be sought from the Football Safety Officers Association.

Size: 35KBFile format: pdf
Sportsgrounds safety advisory policy146KBpdf
Size: 146KBFile format: pdf


For enquiries or more information on any of the above, please email