The Communications Team is key in making sure that news about council services reaches all the people who need to know:
- Residents and members of the public
- Local businesses
- Council staff
- Partner organisations
- Neighbouring councils
- District / city / town / parish councils
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
- Local and national press
We also have a variety of other responsibilities within the council, including:
- Handling media enquiries and running a news desk
- Issuing regular news stories and press releases
- Maintaining social media accounts
- Managing branding and corporate identity
- Supporting council services with their communications requirements
- Upholding the council's reputation
- Regulating use of film and photography
- Promoting campaigns and arranging events
All media enquiries and requests for interviews, filming and photography should be directed to our News Desk:
Telephone: 01223 699 281
Open during office hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Outside of office hours, you can contact the Communications Team on 07833 480 348. Please note this telephone number is for use of journalists only.
In the event of major out of hours news stories or incidents, we post key contact details on the homepage of this website and on our social media pages.
If you are unsure which council you should contact regarding your media enquiry, please visit our Not sure which council to contact page, where you can find a list of services by council type, as well as contact details for our city and district councils.
Please note the Communications Team only deals with enquiries from the media and journalists. Members of the public can find information on how to make a general enquiry or report an emergency situation in our contact us section.
Social media and news archive
For latest news and updates on our services, you can follow us on:
Twitter - www.twitter.com/CambsCC
Facebook - www.facebook.com/CambridgeshireCC
Instagram - www.instagram.com/cambridgeshirecountycouncil
YouTube - www.youtube.com/user/CambsCountyCouncil
News archive - www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/news