We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible working – we support colleagues to work in a flexible way including hybrid working, nine-day fortnight, term time only contracts, job share and operate a ‘flex from 1st' approach to give people the right to request flexible working from day-one of employment.
- A comprehensive wellbeing package including an employee assistance programme, a network of mental health first aiders, monthly virtual Wellbeing Hours with a diverse range of subjects and access to a range of wellbeing resources.
- Our Cambs Rewards, an online portal to access a wide range of employee discounts, a car lease scheme, cycle to work scheme, Pure Gym free day passes and discount on some gym memberships.
- We also offer colleagues the opportunity to purchase up to four weeks additional holiday entitlement, sign up to the pennies from heaven charity donation in their monthly pay.
- Equality, diversity and inclusion is one of our key priorities within the council and we have an active staff network called IDEAL which we encourage colleagues to join.
- We like to keep our colleagues informed and engaged in the work of the council, so we hold fortnightly Cambridgeshire Conversations online meetings led by our chief executive or a member of our corporate leadership team. We also have a weekly staff newsletter and a regularly updated staff intranet ‘Camweb’
- We have an employee recognition scheme which rewards those who go above and beyond in their role with shopping vouchers and a day off.
- The Local Government Pension Scheme is often viewed as one of the most valuable financial rewards of your job providing you with a secure, Government backed, guaranteed income, when you retire. You don’t have to worry about stock market crashes the benefits you build up are guaranteed and adjusted in line with the cost of living so they will never lose their value. Take a look at this short video to find out more.