Who can foster in Cambridgeshire?
Almost anyone over 21 who has a spare room in their home can apply to be a foster carer. As a foster carer you need to have the time, skills and experience to meet the needs of vulnerable children and young people who are separated from their families. Cambridgeshire’s foster carers represent a range of ages and cultural, racial and religious backgrounds. We welcome applications from people who are single, married, in a civil partnership or living with a partner.
Support for foster carers
We recognise the valuable contribution made by our team of dedicated foster carers. Therefore, in addition to our comprehensive preparation training, we also offer the following ongoing support:
- competitive financial support
- access to our training programme featuring over 50 locally run courses
- 24/7 access to local support
- loan of equipment
- peer support through foster carer support groups
- mentoring and regular supervision
- induction programme (following the Children's Workforce Development Council standards)
- FosterTalk membership: unlimited, independent advice and support available to everyone in the fostering household
Cambridgeshire County Council Fostering Service
Fostering Service, Cambridgeshire County Council, Scott House, 5 George Street, Huntingdon PE29 3AD. Telephone: 0800 052 0078 Email: [email protected]