When commissioning local services, we have a combined aim to listen to you, and involve young people in the process. We also aim to ensure successful outcomes for local services by valuing what you have to say and offer.
Who we are
- Young people and the organisation’s that support them
- Professionals from Cambridgeshire County Council and Peterborough City Council
- Statutory services working with and for young people
- Local third sector organisations
- Local businesses
What we do
- We provide activities that help build local community and meet young people’s needs, especially for those who are more vulnerable.
- We support young people to explore issues in their community that are important to them.
- We support young people to be active in their communities through;
- National Citizenship Service
- Social action projects
- Being involved in the design of youth services
- We have Youth Advisory Boards where young people meet with local representatives such as the council, police, and schools. The board then;
- Commission services.
- Create social action projects based upon consultation of young people across their communities.
- We offer 'young commissioners' and 'young inspectors' training
Youth Voice & Youth Engagement Partnership Coordinator - Ella Rolfe