Advice for church archaeology

The Church of England (CofE) operates an equivalent planning system called Faculty Jurisdiction. Most changes to a church or cemetery require a faculty to be issued by the Chancellor of the Diocese, who is advised by the Diocesan Advisory Committee. 

More information on individual church buildings can be found in the Cambridgeshire Historic Environment Record (CHER) and also on the Church Heritage Record.

The Historic Environment Team (HET) can offer advice and comment on:

For more information please contact HET at or on 01223 728564.