Choirs or other music societies must register with Cambridgeshire Libraries in order to hire vocal score sets and orchestral sets.
To register as a music society, and to request music, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Music score set hire terms and conditions
- Music requests should be made a minimum of six weeks in advance of the required by date to help us supply on time.
- Return dates can be agreed depending upon the dates of rehearsals and performances.
- Details as to the number of copies and edition should be given at the time of request.
- Music can be collected from any of our 33 Cambridgeshire County Council run libraries. Please include in your request which library you would like to collect the music from, and return it to the same library.
- Requests for vocal scores and orchestral sets which are not held by Cambridgeshire Libraries will be sourced through inter-library loan. This will have a request placement charge of £8.50 which only needs to be paid if the music is not available. Otherwise, it will be replaced with a hire charge as detailed below.
- Applications for renewal of hire should be made at least 2 weeks before the date sets are due for return. We are happy to renew your music free of charge. However, if the music was borrowed as an inter-library loan, other library services may have a renewal charge. In this case, you will be contacted for confirmation to proceed with the renewal, and the renewal charge will be passed on to your music society.
- Any outstanding copies which have not been returned after 4 weeks must be replaced by the borrowing group or society with new copies within 7 days.
- Further sets will not be loaned to groups or societies that owe outstanding copies or hire fees.
- Please note that we may not accept requests for music sets from groups and societies with a history of late return of sets or late payment of charges.
- All marks on scores should be erased before the copies are returned. A charge for replacement costs may be made for copies which are returned heavily marked or in bad condition.
These conditions are to ensure the service runs efficiently and that complete sets are always available on request. Your co-operation is appreciated ensuring the continuing efficiency of this service.
Music score set borrower charges
|Number of copies||Price|
|Under 25 copies||£15|
|51 to 99 copies||£35|
|Over 100 copies||£50|
|Number of copies||Price|
|Under 25 copies||£30|
|51 to 99 copies||£80|
|Over 100 copies||£100|
Not in stock vocal scores and orchestral sets are sourced through interlibrary loan. These will have a request placement charge of £8.50 which only needs to be paid if the music is not available.