Looking for a career in IT?
Enrol in new CISCO NetAcad free online courses and progress your career. Cambridgeshire Libraries, in partnership with Cisco Networking Academy, provide self-paced introductory courses which enable you to take your first steps on your path to becoming an IT professional.
You'll find six Cisco NetAcad courses listed below, each course has a final assessment that you can do - if you don't want to do the final assessment, we recommend you do the quizzes and get feedback about your knowledge.
- Introduction to Cybersecurity: Explore the broad topic of cybersecurity in a way that matters to you.
- Cybersecurity Essentials: Continues from Introduction to Cybersecurity; develops foundational understanding of cybersecurity and how it relates to information and network security.
- Linux Unhatched: The "start from scratch" Linux course. A quick introduction to the popular operating system.
- Linux Essentials: This entry-level Linux course is offered by the Network Development Group (NDG). The skills taught in this course are applicable to a wide range of careers including networking, software development and Linux administration. This course aligns to the Linux Professional Institute (LPI) Linux Essentials Professional Development Certificate.
- Introduction to the Internet of Things: Provides an overview of key concepts and challenges related to digital transformation.
- Get Connected: Introduces you to basic computer and Internet navigation skills.
- Entrepreneurship: Uses interactive, online case studies to show how to apply network technology skills to start a business or advance your career.
We recommend using Firefox or Chrome browsers.
These courses can be accessed over library wifi, library computers and at home.