Mobile Library Plans for Christmas and New Year - Affected routes
Date & Route
South Cambs area Mobile Library
Hunts area Mobile Library
Fenland area Mobile Library
25 December 2018
C23 cancelled – next visit 22 January 2019
H23 cancelled – next visit 22 January 2019
M23 cancelled – next visit 8 January 2019 (except for Prickwillow and Queen Adelaide which is 22 January 2019)
26 December 2018
C24 cancelled – next visit 23 January 2019
H24 cancelled – next visit 23 January 2019
M24 cancelled – next visit 23 January 2019
27 December 2018
C25 Rearranged to 17 December2018
H25 cancelled – next visit 24 January 2019
M25 cancelled – next visit 24 January 2019
28 December 2018
C26 cancelled – next visit 25 January 2019
No H26 route
M26 cancelled – next visit 11 January 2019
1 January 2018
C2 rearranged to Monday 7 January 2019
H2 rearranged to Monday 7 January 2019
M2 cancelled – next visit 5 February 2019
To check the villages affected, visit the Find a mobile library stop page and enter the route number in the ‘search by route’ box.
See a map of all our Mobile Library stops here
All other routes will be unaffected. No fines will be incurred due to altered schedule.
Merry Christmas to all our readers and thank you for using the Mobile Library service. We look forward to your continued support in 2019.
Cambridgeshire currently has three mobile libraries stopping at 364 locations in 85 villages and communities throughout the county. It’s a great place for catching up with friends and colleagues whilst supporting a local community resource.
We visit most locations once a month e.g. the first Tuesday of the month. Find your nearest mobile library stop here
- The service is free to join and use.
- Each Mobile Library vehicle carries up to 3,000 items of stock including fiction, non fiction, large print, books on CD & cassette and books for children of all ages.
- You can request books/cassettes/CDs/DVDs. We have access to all the books in Cambridgeshire Libraries. You can also request books online to collect from the mobile Library on our next visit. There is a £1 charge for requesting books.
- Any books borrowed from the Mobile Library can be returned to any other Cambridgeshire Library and you can return books from other libraries to us, so no need to worry about missing your due date.
- You can renew and order books online, please ask onboard for your ‘PIN’ to get you started.
- Download the Spydus mobile app to keep track of your library account using your smart phone.
- Books are issued for 5 weeks and you can renew for up to three months.
- Unfortunately we do charge when books are returned late.
- All vehicles have a lift for wheelchair users or those who find stairs difficult.
- We also supply free Hearing Aid batteries, sell stamps and reading glasses