eBooks and eAudiobooks from BorrowBox
What is BorrowBox?
BorrowBox is one of our providers of digital books which you can access online. It is available as a website and an app. It allows you to use eBooks and eAudiobooks on a PC, laptop, mobile phone or tablet.
- You can borrow up to 4 eBooks and 4 eAudiobooks at a time.
- Reservations count towards this number.
- You can borrow items for 21 days, and return them early.
- When reserved titles are ready BorrowBox will email you.
- You can renew items a few days before they are due.
- When the loan expires BorrowBox will email you a reminder to delete the file.
- Reservations for eBooks and eAudiobooks are free.
- Our Cambridgeshire Reads and Cambridgeshire Listens titles can be borrowed by more than one person at a time – great for reading groups.
How to use BorrowBox
- Login to the BorrowBox app or BorrowBox website with your library card number and PIN.
- Download your title instantly or any time during the loan period.
- Once your title is downloaded to the BorrowBox app you do not need Wi-Fi or data to read or listen.
Download and install the BorrowBox app
Get the BorrowBox app
- BorrowBox at Apple App Store
- BorrowBox at Google Play Store
- BorrowBox for Kindle fire (instructions)
Setting up the BorrowBox app
When using the app for the first time you will need to:
- click on ‘Library’ and search for ‘Cambridgeshire Libraries’
- enter your library number and PIN, and press ‘Sign in’
- agree to the Terms and Conditions
Make sure that you have installed Adobe Digital Editions. If you don’t have this software installed, please visit the Adobe Digital Editions download page and follow the installation instructions provided.
- On first launch of Adobe Digital Editions click on Help > Authorize Computer.
- In the following screen choose Adobe ID from the dropdown menu and enter your Adobe ID and password. If you don't have an Adobe ID yet please click on the Create an Adobe ID link on the right hand side or visit the Adobe login website and click on Get an Adobe ID.
- On the download page press the Download eBook button.
- When you get a pop-up dialogue box asking you whether you would like to Open, Run or Save, make sure that you select Open With and choose Adobe Digital Editions.
- Adobe Digital Editions will then import the eBook file and you can find it in the Borrowed section on the left side.
Transfer an eBook to an eReader device
Attach your eReader device to your computer. It should appear in Adobe Digital Editions in the list on the left side. Now just drag the eBook onto the device.
BorrowBox’s eAudiobooks work with the software you already have. Simply import your eAudiobook downloads into iTunes or Windows Media Player on your home computer and transfer them to your favourite MP3 player.
- Choose to download the complete audiobook instantly or in parts.
- Locate your download eAudiobook file, unzip it and move the file to your media manager on your computer.
- Enjoy on your computer, transfer to your device or listen in the car. You can listen anywhere and everywhere.
Cambridgeshire Listens and Cambridgeshire Reads
Each month we have a range of eBooks and eAudiobooks which can be downloaded by 500 or 1,000 users at the same time - perfect for groups, workplaces, classrooms. Download, read or listen and share your thoughts on our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram pages using #CambridgeshireListens and #CambridgeshireReads.
Join in with other readers from across Cambridgeshire:
- Join in on social media
- Listen in to the discussions on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire