eNewspapers and eMagazines from PressReader
What is PressReader?
PressReader allows you to view and download digital newspapers and magazines free of charge. These are accessed via the PressReader website and app.
- PressReader is free.
- Download newspapers or magazines to read offline.
- View local, national and international titles.
- There are titles available in over 60 languages.
- Translate titles to other languages.
- Select the Listen speakerphone icon to have a newspaper or magazine read to you.
- Zoom in and out to change the size of the text.
- No overdue fees.
- View publication back issues.
How to use PressReader
Read an eNewspaper or eMagazine on the PressReader website
- Log into your account with your library card number
- Click on the link to ‘Newspapers from PressReader’ in the right-hand menu
Read an eNewspaper or eMagazine using the PressReader app
- Download the Latest PressReader App
- Launch app and select publication
- Read online or download
Download an eNewspaper or eMagazine to your device in libraries
- Connect to CambWifi
- Download the Press Reader app
- Launch app and 'select publication'
- Select newspaper and 'download'
On an Apple or Android tablet or smartphone
- Download and install the PressReader app from the App Store or Google Play
- Open the app
- Press the ‘Accounts’ button on the bottom right, then press ‘Sign in’. On some devices the icon is Sign in, you get to accounts via the 3 dots …
- Select Libraries and Groups
- Search for ‘Cambridgeshire County Library’ in the search box that appears, then press ‘Library - Cambridgeshire County Library’
- Enter your library card number and press ‘Sign In’ (It is worth ticking 'Stay signed in' to cut down on how many times you have to sign in.)
- Fill in the fields in the ‘New User’ box and press ‘Agree’
- This service will now be available to use.
Your session will expire after 30 days. After 30 days, you can reactivate your account:
- Press the ‘Accounts’ button on the bottom right of the screen and select your account
- Press ‘Library and Group’, then ‘Unlink Account’
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 above.