eAudiobooks from uLibrary
What is uLibrary?
Ulverscroft eAudio Library, or uLibrary, is one of our providers of digital audiobooks. It is available as an app and website. It allows you to listen to eAudiobooks on a PC, laptop, smartphone or tablet.
Your uLibrary account can be accessed across any device. Just use your library card number and PIN to log in, whether you are using the uLibrary app or webpage.
- You can borrow up to 4 eAudiobooks at a time.
- Reservations count towards this number.
- You can borrow eAudiobooks for 21 days, and return them early.
- The eAudiobooks will automatically return when the loan period ends, so there are no overdue fines.
- You can renew eAudiobooks a few days before they are due – unless there is a waiting list.
- Reservations for eAudiobooks are free.
- You will be notified by email when it becomes available, or you can turn on automatic borrowing on your account settings.
- Some titles can be borrowed by more than one person at a time.
How to use uLibrary
- Download the free uLibrary app from your app store to register and borrow: Apple App Store Google Play Store
- Sign-in: select “Cambridgeshire Libraries” from the drop-down list, enter your library card number and PIN.
- Access your account: Your current eAudiobook loans are listed on the LOANS tab of My Account screen. Here you can also see your current reservations, past loans and our recommended Next Reads.
- Searching: Touch the search icon in the bottom menu bar to display the search screen.
- Borrowing: When you have chosen an eAudiobook, click on the borrow button, and confirm your loan. You will then be taken to the eAudiobook listen screen.
- Listening: You will need an internet connection to search and borrow. But once you have borrowed the eAudiobook, and it is downloaded to your uLibrary app, you can listen from your device with or without an internet connection.
ULibrary eAudiobooks can also be accessed directly from your PC or laptop using a web browser.
Log in to the Cambridgeshire uLibrary website to search and borrow. You can listen to your chosen eAudiobooks directly from this website. They cannot be downloaded to another device.
uLibrary Book Clubs
uLibrary runs two book clubs:
- Bookworms Book Club for children
- Talking Books Book Club for adults
Each have a different eAudiobook every month. There is no limit on the number of people who can borrow them!
Log in to the uLibrary app or website and go to the Book Clubs tab to see this month’s titles.