The Innovate and Cultivate Fund is our fund to help voluntary, community and social enterprise sector organisations realise their projects and ideas that help address the needs of local residents.
The Innovate and Cultivate Fund has two funding streams:
- Cultivate - grants of £2,000 - £15,000 aimed at encouraging local networks where people help themselves and each other (please note the maximum Cultivate grant has reduced from £19,000 to £15,000)
- Innovate - grants of up to £50,000 for big projects with big ideas that demonstrate an innovative approach (please note we have suspended this stream until further notice)
To be eligible, all projects must:
- be either new, or build on an existing project in a new location or with new beneficiaries
- show that they will reduce pressure on council services and / or offer direct savings for the council
Next application deadline
1 February 2022 - Cultivate grants only
How to apply
You can find grant application forms and further information about fund priorities and criteria on the Cambridgeshire Community Foundation website. We strongly advise applicants to seek pre-application advice before submitting a grant application.
If you would like to join the Innovate and Cultivate Fund mailing list, please email Lianne.Parrett@cambridgeshire.gov.uk.
Inspiration for your community project
'Cultivate Project Ideas' offer inspiration, guidance and support for setting up and running projects that are known to strengthen communities and support vulnerable people. Projects include:
- Digital Inclusion
- Mobile Warden Schemes
- Community Youth Workers
- Good Neighbour Schemes
- Dementia-Friendly Communities
- Men's Sheds
Do you want to do something for your community but need some inspiration to start a project? Have a look at the following local initiatives.