The Council's Business Plan is refreshed every year and formally approved by Full Council each February.
The 2016-17 Plan (which covers the 5 year period April 2016 to March 2021) was approved at Council on 18 February 2016.
This Business Plan provides a summary of the County Council's:
- long-term vision
- priorities for 2016-17
- planned activities across the organisation for the next five years
If you have any queries please contact email@example.com.
The Council's vision for Cambridgeshire
The County Council wants to make Cambridgeshire a great place to call home.
This Business Plan sets out how we intend to do the best for the people of Cambridgeshire in the face of increasingly challenging conditions.
Over recent years we have tried to protect frontline services, but inevitably we have had to change the way we do things and reduce some of what we do. In the last three years alone we have saved over £100m.
Our ambition is for people in Cambridgeshire to live independently and safely within strong and inclusive communities and with networks of support that they can call on.
We will support people when they need our most specialist and intensive services.
To achieve our vision we are focusing on achieving a number of outcomes for the people of Cambridgeshire:
- Older people live well independently
- People with disabilities live well independently
- Places that work with children help them to reach their full potential
- The Cambridgeshire economy prospers to the benefit of all residents
- People lead a healthy lifestyle and stay healthy for longer
- People live in a safe environment
- People at risk of harm are kept safe
We are ambitious about the way in which we can support and shape the future success of our communities. We want to work with you to achieve our aspirations for our county.