Families Information Service
We provide information, advice and guidance to families across Cambridgeshire. We manage the Cambridgeshire Childcare Directory and offer one-to-one support for families with children and young people aged 0 to 25. Our advice is free, confidential and impartial.
We can help with:
- finding childcare
- understanding childcare funding options
- childcare for children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and the SEND Local Offer
Contacting the Families Information Service
Tel: 0345 045 1360
Careers in Childcare
Working in childcare can be a rewarding role, supporting children and families. Childcare jobs are open to all, all ages and from all communities.
They include jobs in:
- Day nurseries, pre-schools and playgroup settings;
- Out of school clubs and holiday schemes;
- Schools (as a teaching assistant);
- Childcare in your own home (Childminder).
We are able to support you to receive the right training and qualifications to progress your career.
If you would like to know more about starting a career in childcare then please visit our Careers in Childcare page to find out more.
Connect with us
For Early Years and Childcare updates and support, follow us on social media.
Cambridgeshire Early Years and Childcare social channels: