Childcare jobs are open to both men and women of all ages and from all communities. They include jobs in:
- day nurseries
- pre-schools and playgroups
- out of school clubs and holiday schemes
- schools (as a teaching assistant)
- your own home (as a childminder)
Early years and childcare job vacancies
Find a range of current vacancies in Cambridgeshire on our eycJobs website.
Becoming a registered childminder
If you would like to have a rewarding career, be your own boss, run your business from home and make a real difference to children's lives, then being a registered childminder might be just the profession for you.
You need to register as a childminder if you want to care for children that you are not related to in your or someone else’s home for payment or reward. Children should be under 8 years of age for you to register with Ofsted.
- Children should be under 8 years of age.
- You look after them for more than 2 hours a day.
- You look after them in a home that isn’t the children’s normal home.
Contact us about childminding
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training and qualifications
You can study for qualifications while working in childcare. To find out what level of qualification you need for a specific job, you can use the Department for Education's Qualification Finder.
Early years introductory courses, profiles and professional development
Visit our Learn together website
Early years Apprenticeship bursary scheme
Local colleges provide information about apprenticeships available in the area:
For more help finding work in childcare
- Public Sector Jobs East - search for job vacancies in the public sector across Cambridgeshire
- Pre-school Learning Alliance (PLA) - information and advice on careers in childcare, training and qualifications
- Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY) - supports those working in early years and childcare to provide high quality care