An important part of becoming independent, is getting involved in society. From joining clubs to voting in elections. Your Personal Adviser will want to help you work out what is important to you and how you can get involved. This might include:
- providing information on groups and clubs you may wish to join
- telling you about relevant awards, schemes and competitions you can enter.
- telling you about voluntary work that may interested you
- Helping you find, and possibly helping with the cost of leisure activities
- encouraging and helping you to enrol on the Electoral Register, so you can vote in elections
- helping you access legal advice or other support if you run into difficulty
- giving you advice and helping you to challenge any discrimination you might experience.
You might be interested in
Pathways4us - Cambridgeshire Local offer for Care leavers section