Skip to main content
Your Personal Adviser can provide information and support with:
  • helping you maintain, or re-establish, contact with family members. Or other important people from your past, including friends, previous carers, social workers
  • where appropriate, meeting ‘Independent Visitor’ you had while you were in care
  • help maintain or regain contact with people special to you. Or people who cared for you in the past, like former foster carers or social workers

We understand that having a partner may be important to you. We can give advice on staying safe, safe sexual relationships, and cultural differences within relationships. We want you to be happy and safe and avoid situations where you might be mistreated or exploited.

If you are already in contact with your parents, we will continue to support this. If you are not in contact with your parents and would like to be, speak with your Personal Adviser. Where possible we will help to facilitate contact between you and your parents. We will also look to keep you connected with siblings, especially if they are still in care. If you would like contact with siblings then talk to your Personal Adviser.

If you have lost contact after seeking asylum and want to contact your family or try to find missing family members the Red Cross offers a family finding service. They help restore contact between families separated by armed conflict, disaster, or migration. Your Personal Adviser can assist you in contacting them.

If you need further help with relationships in your life, your Personal Adviser will be able to support you and signpost to local and national organisations that can help you further.