Borrow laptops and tablets from a library
We have a collection of laptops, tablets and MiFi devices which you can borrow free of charge for 7 days at a time. Loans can be renewed for another 7 days as long as no one else has reserved the equipment.
We have 40 Lenovo Thinkpads.
- Windows 10 operating system
- Microsoft Office – log in with a personal Microsoft account. Register for a free Microsoft account.
- LibreOffice installed as an alternative to Microsoft Office.
- For security and confidentiality, all laptops are protected by a device management system which resets the laptop to start up status each time it is shut down.
There are 20 Lenovo M10 2021 tablets to borrow.
- 10.1 inch HD tablets
There are 20 ZTE MiFi 2021 devices for loan.
- Get online even without using WiFi or your mobile data.
- MiFi connects to 3G/4G/5G networks and has a data allowance that creates a wireless hotspot.
- Can be charged from a tablet or laptop.
How to borrow equipment from LendIT Collection
You need to be a member of Cambridgeshire Libraries to use this service.
We recommend reserving the equipment before collecting from your local library.
Devices are held at:
- Central Library, Cambridge
- Ely Library
- Huntingdon Library
- March Library
- St Ives Library
- St Neots Library
- Wisbech Library
They can be delivered to any of our 34 libraries. You will need to bring your library card to pick up the devices.
You can check availability and reserve a device using the links above.
How to use the equipment
You can connect the laptops and tablets to the internet on your home broadband, by using a MiFi device or by connecting to CambWifi hotspots around Cambridgeshire. Information is included with every device.
We have added Ukrainian and Russian language options. Virtual Ukrainian/Russian keyboards are installed on each laptop’s home screen. Other languages can be added temporarily.