Coronavirus (COVID-19) update:
From Monday 23 March all Library buildings will be closed.
- All public events have been cancelled until the end of April
- All library charges have been suspended and the due dates of items extended until at least the end of April
- There will be no cancellation fees for any activities or room bookings during this time
- Join the library to read or listen to books and use our online resources (Please note: your library card number will be emailed to you whilst libraries are closed)
The service is working to create an alternative offer.
We are now expanding the libraries online offer. This includes investing more resources into our e-offer as well as planning online events.
We will also use the Library Service infrastructure to support the new countywide Co-ordination Hub, with
- Library delivery vans and mobile vehicles available to provide transport infrastructure for the distribution of essential goods and services to communities, care homes and individual housebound as required – mobiles already distribute batteries and are in discussion with food banks about deliveries
- Library staff to be redeployed through The Hub and in support of the interim service outlined above