Times and locations of stops
Cambridgeshire currently has three mobile libraries stopping at 388 locations in 98 villages and communities throughout the county. It’s a great place for catching up with friends and colleagues whilst supporting a local community resource.
We visit most locations once a month, for example the first Tuesday of the month.
We will be visiting on the same times and days of the week as before.
How to use the service
Mobile Libraries are now welcoming readers onboard in family groups, with usual social distancing guidelines.
Readers can also request specific items online at a 50p per item charge. See below Nb. Please insert your village route number in the notes section when requesting items.
We can also select items for you at the door if preferred.
- See our webpage for fees and charges for details of mobile library costs.
If you have any queries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please support your local library service delivered directly to your community.
- The service is free to join and use.
- Each Mobile Library vehicle carries up to 3,000 items of stock including fiction, non fiction, large print, books on CD & cassette and books for children of all ages.
- You can request books/cassettes/CDs/DVDs. We have access to all the books in Cambridgeshire Libraries. You can also request books online to collect from the mobile Library on our next visit.
- Any books borrowed from the Mobile Library can be returned to any other Cambridgeshire Library and you can return books from other libraries to us, so no need to worry about missing your due date.
- You can renew and order books online, please ask onboard for your ‘PIN’ to get you started.
- Download the Spydus mobile app to keep track of your library account using your smart phone.
- Books are issued for 5 weeks and you can renew for up to three months.
- Unfortunately there are charges when books are returned late. Overdue charges for items borrowed from mobile libraries only apply after 15 weeks. When you have missed three visits.
- All vehicles have a lift for wheelchair users or those who find stairs difficult
- We also supply free Hearing Aid batteries, sell stamps and reading glasses