Your Mobile Library Service will be on the move again from 21 September.
We have two new vehicles and a fresh selection of books etc for all the family. Please support your local library service right in the heart of your community.
Times and locations
Cambridgeshire currently has three mobile libraries stopping at 364 locations in 85 villages and communities throughout the county. It’s a great place for catching up with friends and colleagues whilst supporting a local community resource.
We visit most locations once a month, for example the first Tuesday of the month.
We will be visiting on the same times and days of the week as before. Find a mobile library stop.
How to use the service
Access to the vehicle will be limited to help keep staff safe. We will be providing books selected in advance.
- You can pre-order books from the library catalogue using the reservation service. This service is currently free of charge.
Select and Collect service
- This allows you to request a collection of books based on your tastes. You can use the Select and Collect service online, or by calling 0345 045 5225. Simply choose the mobile library as a pick up point and order as far in advance as possible. This helps ensure that a selection is ready and issued for you to pick up from your stop. (Ideally place your request a week in advance - we will do our best with forms received after this.).
If you have any queries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please support your local library service delivered directly to your community.
- The service is free to join and use.
- Each Mobile Library vehicle carries up to 3,000 items of stock including fiction, non fiction, large print, books on CD & cassette and books for children of all ages.
- You can request books/cassettes/CDs/DVDs. We have access to all the books in Cambridgeshire Libraries. You can also request books online to collect from the mobile Library on our next visit.
- Any books borrowed from the Mobile Library can be returned to any other Cambridgeshire Library and you can return books from other libraries to us, so no need to worry about missing your due date.
- You can renew and order books online, please ask onboard for your ‘PIN’ to get you started.
- Download the Spydus mobile app to keep track of your library account using your smart phone.
- Books are issued for 5 weeks and you can renew for up to three months.
- Unfortunately there are charges when books are returned late
- All vehicles have a lift for wheelchair users or those who find stairs difficult
- We also supply free Hearing Aid batteries, sell stamps and reading glasses