You can make use of:
- free computer use
- free internet access
- Microsoft applications for word processing, spreadsheet and presentation work
- free WiFi in libraries (except mobile libraries)
- self-service scanning (in selected libraries)
Free unlimited WiFi is available in all libraries except mobile libraries.
It’s simple and safe to register for CambWifi in 5 steps:
- Find CambWiFi_Public in your Wifi settings and connect
- Enter your name and email address then Register
- Confirm you want to access the service.
- Click the Login button
- Check your email within 10 minutes to Verify your account
You will be logged on automatically whenever you are in a CambWiFi network location.
Existing CambWifi users may need to re-register to verify your user name and email address to increase security.
Printing facilities are not available through the libraries WiFi network.
Watching TV in libraries
To comply with new TV Licencing regulations that came into effect from 1 September 2016, all libraries hold a TV Licence, allowing customers to watch live TV, on-demand or catch-up TV on devices supplied by the library or devices owned by customers.
Note: This does not apply to Library Access Points (LAPs). Customers will need to ask LAP staff if their premises comply with the new TV Licencing regulations.