Comment on a planning application

To comment on a planning application go to Planning application and appeals. Please note you will need the planning application reference number or site address.

You can comment on a planning application in the following ways:

  • electronically via the Planning register (during the consultation period only)
  • by email -
  • by fax - 01223 475 998
  • by post - County Planning, Minerals and Waste Team, Box SH1315, Shire Hall, Cambridge, CB3 0AP
  • delivery in person to Cambridgeshire County Council Reception.

Please note that representations are public and documents will be provided to the applicant on request. They will also be made available for members of the planning committee to read before the meeting on which the application made is to be decided.

Members of the public may inspect copies of the application and the plans and other documents submitted with it by prior appointment only at Shire Hall, Castle Hill, Cambridge, or at the appropriate district council office. Planning applications can also be viewed online.

Speaking at a council committee

If you have already sent your views on a planning application to the council you may also speak at a meeting of the Planning Committee before a decision is made. See get involved in council meetings.