Professional Referral changes due to Covid-19 outbreak - please read this before making any professional referrals or reading the pages in this section.
Safeguarding and our Integrated Front Door
If there is a child or young person at risk of significant harm (safeguarding issues), you should make a referral through the Integrated front door.
Early Help Assessments
The Early Help Assessment is used for all Early Help requests where a multi-agency approach is required. It leads to:
- District Early Help services
- Support for an existing lead professional. The Early Help Hub will suggest an initial Family Support Plan and they or the District Team will review the closing plan - See our Think family page for more information.
- signposting to a better-placed service or intervention outside of the Council through the Cambridgeshire Online Directory
Before starting an Early Help Assessment in Cambridgeshire, the assessor should check if one already exists. From January 2020 external professionals can directly access elements of our database (Liquid Logic) to make checks, or create an assessment.
Early Help Assessment - LiquidLogic
Appropriately authorised and trained professionals can establish whether a family has an existing Early Help Assessment, within the Early Help Module of Liquid Logic. If there is not an existing Early Help Assessment, you can complete one within LiquidLogic.
If you are a professional from a partner agency looking to make a referral or be a Lead Professional for a family, please request authorisation to have partner level access to Liquid Logic.
If you or your agency are unable to take up training and get access to LiquidLogic, you can contact the Early Help Hub to check if an Early Help Assessment exists.
It is the expectation that the majority of Early Help Assessments are completed within EHM. To complete the EHA and TAF process it is essential that you register for access to the EHM system.
Once you have registered and completed the training, the Early Help Hub will no longer be able to upload EHA’s on your behalf. However they can refer you to a named contact within our district teams. The ‘EHM District Link’ will support with:
- Minor user errors
- User queries
- Supporting through the use of EHM quick guides
- Delivery of EHM virtual webinars
There may be some rare circumstances where it is not possible to complete the EHA within the EHM system. In this situation please contact the Early Help Hub for further advice.
Useful links when completing an Early Help Assessment
- Early Help Privacy Notice
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Safeguarding Children Partnership Board website, tools for professionals (a range of tools including those covering abuse, neglect and exploitation)
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence Partnership online resources
- Cambridgeshire Children's Services Procedures Manual, including substance misuse screening tool
Other services and resources:
Children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Early Support for disabled children aged 0-5 and their families
- The Local Offer for children and young people with disabilities or special educational needs
- Evidence based parenting programmes
- Child and Family Centres
- Pinpoint for information, support and involvement for SEND parent carers
- Family Lives for parenting and family support
- Centre 33 provides free and confidential support and information for young people
- Transition Advisers provide information, advice, guidance and support to vulnerable young people
Children and young people's mental health
- Emotional health and wellbeing practitioners
- Kooth free, safe and anonymous online counselling for young people
- Keep Your Head local mental health support website
- CHUMS local emotional wellbeing and support