In-year admissions (moving schools)
An in-year admission is when you are applying for a school place outside of the ‘normal admissions rounds’.
(Normal admissions rounds are a statutory process where all parents/carers must apply for a place for their child to start school in the school’s 'year of entry' at Primary, or Secondary school).
- An in-year admission could be a move between Cambridgeshire schools, or a move to a Cambridgeshire school from a school in a different county or country.
- To apply for a place at a school outside of Cambridgeshire you will need to apply to the local authority of the new school.
When can I apply?
- You can submit an application for a school place up to 30 school days before the intended start date.
- Please allow 10 school days before you enquire about the progress or status of your application.
- We will email your offer when it has been processed, we aim to process applications within 10 school days.
- If we have not received a valid application, or the correct documentary evidence, we will contact you – this will delay your offer of a place.
“Make sure you read all of the guidance on these pages. If your application is incomplete it will be delayed, or cancelled.” Admissions Manager
"Think carefully before moving your child from their current school, please see the frequently asked question below to see the impact of this on your child's education". Admissions Team Leader
Help with choosing and applying for a school is available to all parents from our Parents' School Preference Adviser.