In Year applications closed from Wednesday 18 March 2020 until further notice. This is due to the impact of the COVID-19 virus and how priority will need to be given to Primary and Secondary allocations for September 2020.

Exceptional circumstances will be considered for families who have moved into the county of Cambridgeshire and a child is without a school place. Please contact the admission team providing full details. Paper forms are not currently available.

We will continue to seek advice from the Department for Education so it is important that you check this webpage on a regular basis for any changes to the current arrangements.

In-year admissions (moving schools)

An in-year admission is when you are applying for a school place outside of the ‘normal admissions rounds’. (Normal admissions rounds are a statutory process where all parents/carers must apply for a place for their child to start school in the school’s year of entry at Primary, or Secondary school).
  • An in-year admission could be a move between Cambridgeshire schools, or a move to a Cambridgeshire school from a school in a different county or country.
  • To apply for a place at a school outside of Cambridgeshire you will need to apply to the local authority of the new school.
  • In Year applications are currently suspended due to the impact of COVID-19, so we can we focus on primary and secondary allocations for September 2020. (In normal circumstances you can submit an application for a school place up to 30 school days before the intended start date. When we have received a valid application, along with the appropriate documentary evidence, we aim to process it within 10 school days*.)

“Make sure you read all of the guidance on these pages. If your application is incomplete it will be delayed, or cancelled.” Admissions Manager

"Think carefully before moving your child from their current school, please see the frequently asked question below to see the impact of this on your child's education". Admissions Team Leader

Help with choosing and applying for a school is available to all parents from our Parents' School Preference Adviser.