Do you need to apply?
If your child was born between 1 September 2019 and 31 August 2020, and you live in Cambridgeshire you need to apply for Reception for September 2024.
If your child was born between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2017, lives in Cambridgeshire and attends an infant school, they will need to make an application to transfer to Year 3 for September 2024.
If your child was born between 1 September 2014 and 31 August 2015, lives in Cambridgeshire and attends a first school, they will need to make an application to transfer to Year 5 for September 2024.
If you wish to apply for a school place that is not the schools year of entry within the school year (September 2023 to July 2024), please complete an in-year admission application.
Before you apply for a school place
- Check you are applying to the correct council. If you are a Cambridgeshire resident you will make your application through the Cambridgeshire Admissions Team, even if you want to apply for a school outside of Cambridgeshire.
- Research your options, understand what a catchment school is and how it affects your application and school transport. Look at admissions data, school's inspection results and performance data.
- Make sure you read the 'First Steps' primary admissions booklet 2024-25. This will explain the application process from start to finish. The booklet also contains a list of all the Infant, Junior and Primary schools in the Cambridgeshire area, along with their allocation criteria.
If your application is incomplete, or incorrect, it could get delayed, or cancelled. You will need to confirm you have read and understood the 'First Steps' primary admissions booklet before submitting your application.
Making your application
Please apply online using our late application form (only complete if you child is due to start Reception year or transfer to Junior school for September 2024)
- You will be able to print your application after you submit
- You will receive notification of offer on the 17th May