- You can apply for a primary school place for September 2022 from 10 September 2021.
- The deadline for applications is 15 January 2022, you will then get an offer for a place on 19 April 2022.
Do you need to apply?
If your child was born between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018, and you live in Cambridgeshire you need to apply for Reception for September 2022.
If your child was born between 1 September 2014 and 31 August 2015, lives in Cambridgeshire and attends an infant school, they will need to make an application to transfer to Year 3 for September 2022.
If your child was born between 1 September 2012 and 31 August 2013, lives in Cambridgeshire and attends a first school, they will need to make an application to transfer to Year 5 for September 2022.
If you wish to apply for a school place that is not the schools year of entry within the school year (September 2021 to July 2022), please complete an in-year admission application
Before you apply for a school place
- Check you are applying to the correct council. If you are a Cambridgeshire resident you will make your application through the Cambridgeshire Admissions Team, even if you want to apply for a school outside of Cambridgeshire.
- Research your options, understand what a catchment school is and how it affects your application and school transport. Look at admissions data, school's inspection results and performance data.
- Make sure you read the 'First Steps' primary admissions booklet. This will explain the application process from start to finish. The booklet also contains a list of all the Infant, Junior and Primary schools in the Cambridgeshire area, along with their allocation criteria.
If your application is incomplete, or incorrect, it could get delayed, or cancelled. You will need to confirm you have read and understood the 'First Steps' primary admissions booklet before submitting your application.
Making your application for September 2022
You must apply online using Citizen Portal.