- You can apply for a primary school place for September 2023 from 12 September 2022.
- The deadline for applications is 15 January 2023, you will then get an offer for a place on 17 April 2023.
Do you need to apply?
If your child was born between 1 September 2018 and 31 August 2019, and you live in Cambridgeshire you need to apply for Reception for September 2023.
If your child was born between 1 September 2015 and 31 August 2016, lives in Cambridgeshire and attends an infant school, they will need to make an application to transfer to Year 3 for September 2023.
If your child was born between 1 September 2013 and 31 August 2014, lives in Cambridgeshire and attends a first school, they will need to make an application to transfer to Year 5 for September 2023.
If you wish to apply for a school place that is not the schools year of entry within the school year (September 2022 to July 2023), please complete an in-year admission application.
Before you apply for a school place
- Check you are applying to the correct council. If you are a Cambridgeshire resident you will make your application through the Cambridgeshire Admissions Team, even if you want to apply for a school outside of Cambridgeshire.
- Research your options, understand what a catchment school is and how it affects your application and school transport. Look at admissions data, school's inspection results and performance data.
- Make sure you read the 'First Steps' primary admissions booklet 2023-24. This will explain the application process from start to finish. The booklet also contains a list of all the Infant, Junior and Primary schools in the Cambridgeshire area, along with their allocation criteria.
If your application is incomplete, or incorrect, it could get delayed, or cancelled. You will need to confirm you have read and understood the 'First Steps' primary admissions booklet before submitting your application.
Making your application
Apply online using our Citizen Portal.