- The first admissions round has now closed (deadline 31 October 2021). If you submitted your application during the first round you will receive your offer on 1 March 2022.
- If you have not applied, or want to change your preferences. You must submit a late application before the deadline of 31 March 2022. You will receive your offer on 27 April 2021.
Admissions process starts
- 10 September 2021- Applications open
- 31 October 2021 (midnight) - deadline for applications (national closing date)
- 1 March 2022 - Offers sent out to applicants who had submitted application by 31 October 2021
Late applications (second round)
- 1 November 2021 - Second round applications open
- 31 March 2022 (midnight) - deadline for second round applications
- 27 April 2022 - Offers sent out to applicants who had submitted applications from 1 November 2021 to 31 March 2022.
Late applications (as received)
- 27 April 2022 to 31 August 2022 - Applications received after 31 March 2022 will not be considered until the second round of offers have been sent out. They will be processed in order of date from when we receive them.
- April 2022
Secondary school appeals take place
Applying to the correct local authority
Check you are applying to the correct council. If you are a Cambridgeshire resident you will make your application through the Cambridgeshire Admissions Team, even if you want to apply for a school outside of Cambridgeshire.
You will apply through Cambridgeshire County Council if you live in Cambridgeshire and:
- your child was born between 1 September 2010 and 31 August 2011, and you need to apply for a secondary school place for September 2022, or
- your child was born between 1 September 2008 and 31 August 2009 and you need to apply for an upper school place in another Local Authority for September 2022
You may also be planning to move into Cambridgeshire - see 'Specific circumstances' below.
Your specific circumstances
Please see below for details of specific situations which may affect the way you make your application.
If your child has an Education, Health and Care Plan, you should not make your application using the process on this page.
Your child's SEN Casework Officer will explain the application process to you.
If you have any queries, please contact the Statutory Assessment Team.
- Telephone: 01480 372600
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to apply for a school place that is not the schools year of entry within the school year (September 2021 to July 2022), please complete an in-year admission application
- families of service personnel with a confirmed posting to Cambridgeshire
- crown servants returning from overseas to live in Cambridgeshire
Please indicate on your application that you are serving personnel.
We can allocate a place before you move to Cambridgeshire. Your application must include an official MOD letter or Posting/Assignment Order confirming a relocation date, and a unit postal address or quartering area address. This meets the provisions of paragraph 2.18 of the School Admissions Code.
If you do not have evidence of a residential address before the closing date we will use the 'base' address. If you receive notification of your residential address please forward this to us at email@example.com.
If you are a Cambridgeshire resident you will make your application through Cambridgeshire County Council, even if you want to apply for a school outside of Cambridgeshire. Check you are applying to the correct council.
Other local authorities may have different closing dates, supplementary forms or ID requirements. If you want to apply for a school outside of Cambridgeshire, it is essential that you view the school website to check the correct admission processes.
If your child's home address is outside Cambridgeshire, please check with the Local Authority where they live for details of how to apply. Check you are applying to the correct council.
It is our policy to admit children to the year group appropriate to their date of birth. In 'exceptional circumstances', your child may be able to start school a year earlier or later than would normally be the case.
A child coming from an educational system abroad, or who does not speak English as their first language, will not normally be considered as an exceptional circumstance. Support is available in all our schools within the correct year group for these children.
You must make a separate application for each child. Please refer to all children on all application forms so we can try to ensure that these children are offered places together.
Please use our enquiry form if you need to contact us. Select 'School admissions' as the service you require from the drop down menu.
We organise the admissions to all maintained (state) schools and academies in the county. We aim to make the process fair and transparent for everyone. We follow the School Admissions Code and fair access protocols.
You can also contact the Parent's School Preference Adviser
If you are:
- unhappy with our service,
- unsure about the information you have received, and you
- cannot resolve an issue with the information on our website,
please contact us using the enquiry form above. We will endeavour to resolve your query. If this is not to your satisfaction you can follow the complaints procedure.
Please see our page for appealing an offer of a school place.
If your application is incomplete, or incorrect, it will be delayed. It could also be cancelled. You will need to confirm you have read and understood all three secondary admissions webpages when submitting your application form.
The application form is on the third page.