On Saturday 18th October and during this time the Citizen portal for applying for school places will be down. We apologise for any inconvenience.
- If you applied before 31st October 2023, you will be able to log back into your online account on the 01st March 2024 to view your Secondary allocation.
- Applications made after 1st November 2023 must be made on the late form available on this page and be received by 31st March 2024. Cambridgeshire residents will be sent their allocations via post on 27th April 2024.
Applications received from 01st April 2024 – 31st August 2024 will be considered in date order only and offers sent via email.
Admissions process starts
- 11 September 2023- Applications open
- 31 October 2023 (midnight) - deadline for applications (national closing date)
- 1 March 2024 - Offers sent out to applicants who had submitted application by 31 October 2023
Late applications (second round)
- 1 November 2023 - Second round applications open
- 31 March 2024 (midnight) - deadline for second round applications
- 27 April 2024 - Offers sent out to applicants who had submitted applications from 1 November 2023 to 31 March 2024.
Late applications (as received)
- 27 April 2024 to 31 August 2024 - Applications received after 31 March 2024 will not be considered until the second round of offers have been sent out. They will be processed in order of date from when we receive them.
- April 2024
Secondary school appeals take place (check website for further information)
Your specific circumstances
Please see below for details of specific situations which may affect the way you make your application.
Further information can be found - SEND Information Hub (Local Offer) (cambridgeshire.gov.uk)
If your child has an Education, Health and Care Plan, you should not make your application using the process on this page.
Your child's SEN Casework Officer will explain the application process to you.
If you have any queries, please contact the Statutory Assessment Team.
- Telephone: 01480 372600
- Email: email@example.com
If you wish to apply for a school place that is not the schools year of entry within the school year (September 2023 to July 2024), please complete an in-year admission application
- families of service personnel with a confirmed posting to Cambridgeshire
- crown servants returning from overseas to live in Cambridgeshire
Please indicate on your application that you are serving personnel.
We can allocate a place before you move to Cambridgeshire. Your application must include an official MOD letter or Posting/Assignment Order confirming a relocation date, and a unit postal address or quartering area address. This meets the provisions of paragraph 2.18 of the School Admissions Code.
If you do not have evidence of a residential address before the closing date we will use the 'base' address. If you receive notification of your residential address please forward this to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a Cambridgeshire resident you will make your application through Cambridgeshire County Council, even if you want to apply for a school outside of Cambridgeshire. Check you are applying to the correct council.
Other local authorities may have different closing dates, supplementary forms or ID requirements. If you want to apply for a school outside of Cambridgeshire, it is essential that you view the school website to check the correct admission processes.
If your child's home address is outside Cambridgeshire, please check with the Local Authority where they live for details of how to apply. Check you are applying to the correct council.
You must make a separate application for each child. Please refer to all children on all application forms so we can try to ensure that these children are offered places together.
Please use our enquiry form if you need to contact us. Select 'School admissions' as the service you require from the drop down menu.
We organise the admissions to all maintained (state) schools and academies in the county. We aim to make the process fair and transparent for everyone. We follow the School Admissions Code and fair access protocols.
If you are:
- unhappy with our service,
- unsure about the information you have received, and you
- cannot resolve an issue with the information on our website,
please contact us using the enquiry form above. We will endeavour to resolve your query. If this is not to your satisfaction you can follow the complaints procedure.
Please see our page for appealing an offer of a school place.
If your application is incomplete, or incorrect, it will be delayed. It could also be cancelled. You will need to confirm you have read and understood all three secondary admissions webpages when submitting your application form.
The application form is on the third page.