Secondary school admissions - September 2021

The deadline for applications is 31 October 2020, you will get an offer for a place on 1 March 2021.

Do you need to apply?

If your child was born between 1 September 2009 and 31 August 2010 and you live in Cambridgeshire you will need to apply for a transfer from primary (year 6) to secondary school (year 7) for September 2021.

If your child was born between 1 September 2007 and 31 August 2008 and you live in Cambridgeshire and attend a middle school, you will need to apply for a transfer to upper school for September 2021. (Cambridgeshire does not have any Upper schools this is only for applying to other Local Authority Upper Schools).

Before you apply for a school place

  1. Check you are applying to the correct council. If you are a Cambridgeshire resident you will make your application through the Cambridgeshire Admissions Team, even if you want to apply for a school outside of Cambridgeshire.
  2. Research your options, understand what a catchment school is and how it affects your application and school transport. Look at admissions data, school's inspection results and performance data.
  3. Make sure you read the 'Next Steps' document. This will explain the application process from start to finish. The document also contains a list of all the secondary schools in the Cambridgeshire area, along with their allocation criteria.
Next Steps 25-09-20
Size: 1.47MBFile format: pdf

If your application is incomplete, or incorrect, it could get delayed, or cancelled. You will need to confirm you have read and understood the 'Next Steps' document before submitting your application.

Making your application

You must apply online using our Citizen's Portal.

Contact us

Please use our enquiry form and select school admissions from the drop down menu.