Skip to main content

Swaffham Prior Heat Network - General enquiries and making a complaint

If you have a general enquiry or if you wish to make a complaint about any aspect of the Swaffham Prior Heat Network, please contact us.

Guaranteed heat supply

The Heat Supply Agreement includes Performance Objectives to ensure a quality heat supply to customers. If the Council is unable to meet the Performance Objectives, customers can claim a Performance Payment by contacting the Contact Centre on 0345 0455210 or email

General enquiries and making a complaint

We will aim to respond to your enquiry in 2 working days and emails in 5 working days in accordance with our customer service charter and standards. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint it will be reviewed by a Senior Manager who will aim to respond within 10 working days. If they are unable to provide you with a full response within this time, they will contact you and give a date when you should expect a full response.

All complaints are taken seriously and we will issue a ’final response’ or ’deadlock letter’ that will explain our final position. If you are still not satisfied or we have not been able to resolve things for you, customers can contact the Ombudsman for Energy, who are the Independent Complaint Handling Service for customers, see the contact details below.

Option 1: Please refer to our list of frequently asked questions for common queries

Option 2: Contact our customer services team (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)

  • Contact our customer service team on 0345 045 5210 and press Option 1
  • Please state your name, contact number, address (or customer number) and details about the circumstances of your enquiry

Option 3: Contact us via our Swaffham Prior Heat Network email address

  • Contact
  • In the subject header please state “Customer Enquiry: (add subject)” or “Customer Complaint: (add subject)” so that the email can be responded to appropriately.
  • If you are already a customer, please state your name and account number

If you had a complaint and you are unhappy with how it was handled, it will be reviewed by a Senior Manager.

If Cambridgeshire County Council is unable to resolve your complaint, you have the right to contact a third party, Ombudsman for Energy.

Energy Ombudsman

You may contact the Energy Ombudsman who can deal with your complaint on your behalf if:

  • We haven't resolved your complaint to your satisfaction within eight weeks of the date on which you first contacted us about it.
  • We have issued you a deadlock letter in respect of a complaint - this is a letter which details what has happened and our proposals in respect of your complaint.

Any direction or determination by the Energy Ombudsman in respect of your complaint is final and binding.

How to contact the Energy Ombudsman:

For more information about our complaints procedure, please see the Heat Supply Agreement.