Become a Cambridgeshire Libraries member
Become a member of Cambridgeshire Libraries and get free access to hundreds of thousands of physical and online titles. You can also borrow research resources and use our library PCs.
Anyone who is living, working, visiting, or studying in Cambridgeshire or neighbouring counties is welcome to join. This applies even if you just want to access our online resources. Membership is free.
- If you join online, you will be given a library card number which you can use to access our e-services, browse our catalogue and place reservations on books. You will be registered as an e-member and your membership will last for 3 years. You can use our services ‘card-free’ by installing our Spydus Mobile App from your app store and logging in with your card number and PIN to create a digital barcode which you can use in any Cambridgeshire library. However if you would prefer a plastic card please just visit a library to update your membership with proof of ID..
- You can also visit any library to join a library.
- Aged 16 and above: need one document with proof of identity and address. Introductory membership can be given if no proof of ID is available.
- Aged 12-15: need a guarantor proof of name and address, along with the completed joining form, signed by the guarantor. However, introductory membership can be given if you can show us proof such as a school homework book or bus pass.
- Under-12s: need to be accompanied by a guarantor who must provide one proof of his/her name and address.
There is a charge for replacement library cards if lost or damaged.