Cambridgeshire County Council are committed to supporting Military families who have opted to either electively home educate or access an educational setting. Bases often have School Liaison Officers who can provide advice and guidance concerning educational matters covering both home education and schools.
The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise between the nation, our government and the Armed Forces community that states that no one should suffer disadvantage caused by military service. The covenant extends to serving personal from Royal Navy, Army and RAF, regular and reservist. Also to their families and veterans and their families.
Below are links to websites which you may find useful that could offer support. Please note that the services below are not linked in any way to Cambridgeshire County Council:
Military charity support
- The Royal British Legion (Welfare and practical support for families)
- SSAFA (Welfare support)
- Reading Force (reading scrapbooks to be shared with parent overseas to promote communication)
- The Royal British Legion (free teaching resources for schools and families).
- Little Troopers (variety of support from trips for separated families to education packs and support for schools)
- Scotty Little Soldiers (supporting bereaved service children)
- MOD Directorate of Children and Young people (DCYP)
- Forces Additional needs and Disability Forum (FANDF)