St Ives library will be closed for essential maintenance work on Thursday 7th and Friday 8th October.
Changes with effect from Monday 27 September
As part of our road to recovery library offer there will be some loan and fee changes from Monday 27 September.
No overdue fees for junior books
There continues to be no charge for overdue junior books and junior spoken word. We encourage you to return your books on time so that other borrowers may enjoy them.
We are returning to our standard three week loan period and have simplified borrowing by standardising loan periods and charges across formats.
We have retained the reduced reservation fee of 50p for adult books and all junior books and junior spoken word remain free to reserve for collection at your chosen library.
Overdue fees for adult stock has been standardised at 25p a day. Any items that have a hire charge, such as adult audio, DVDs and music CDs all have a £1 hire fee for a three week loan.
SPINE book lending between Cambridgeshire, Suffolk and Peterborough is now available.
Borrowers may place reservations on Peterborough and Suffolk stock for a £2 charge. As previously, borrowers are able to return items from Peterborough and Suffolk libraries through any branch of Cambridgeshire libraries.
Changes which came into effect from Monday 19 July
Cambridgeshire Libraries have been open in line with Government advice. Please help us keep our customers, volunteers and staff safe, fit and healthy.
- We encourage you to wear a face covering, if you can.
- Please continue to be kind and respect other people’s space.
- Hand sanitiser and Test & Trace will be available in all our libraries.
- You can use PCs as normal, there is no need to book in advance. Cleaning products will be available to wipe down PC stations in-between use.
- We will keep our buildings well ventilated and continue to manage the number of people in our libraries.
Changes with effect from Monday 21 June
- Longer opening hours for some libraries.
- Meeting room hire for community groups resumed, subject to restrictions including room capacity and the requirement to complete a risk assessment beforehand.
- Rhymetimes and Storytimes sessions continue on a ticket-only basis, which can be booked on the Eventbrite website
- Find out about visiting Cambridgeshire Libraries