Terms and conditions
- I confirm that I have read and understood the rules for using a Blue Badge.
- I confirm that, as far as I know, the details I provide will be complete and accurate. I realise that Cambridgeshire County Council (CCC) may take action against me if I provide false information in this application.
- I confirm that the photograph I submit with my application is a true likeness and has been taken within the last six months.
- I confirm that I do not currently hold a Blue Disabled Person's Parking Badge that has been issued by a different local authority.
- I understand that I must promptly inform CCC of any changes that may affect my entitlement to a badge.
- I agree that, if my application is successful, I will not allow any other person to use the badge for their benefit and I agree that I will use the badge in accordance with the rules of the scheme as set out in the 'Blue Badge scheme: rights and responsibilities' leaflet which will be sent to me with the badge.
- I agree that CCC may contact me if there are any issues with this application or to prevent badge misuse.
- I understand that CCC needs to verify my identity as part of the application. I will confirm if I am happy for CCC to do this. If I would prefer CCC not to verify my identity in this way, I confirm that I have attached the relevant documents providing my identity.
- Credit Reference Agencies will place a "soft footprint" search on the electronic file of the Subject. A "soft footprint" is visible only to the individual, should they request a copy of their own credit file. A "soft footprint" is not visible to any other individual or organisation and has no effect on the individual's credit history / rating.
- If you are applying on behalf of somebody else, you agree you have the authority to submit this application. You also agree the above on behalf of the applicant.
- Department for Transport guidance on a user’s rights and responsibilities is published on the GOV.UK website.
Collection and use of your personal information
Full details about how we use your personal information as part of processing your application and managing the Blue Badge service can be found in our privacy notice.
- In particular, information will be disclosed to a third party (©Northgate) who is responsible for the operation and administration of the Blue Badge scheme and other Government Departments or agencies, to validate proof of entitlement.
- Where necessary, the local authority will contact accredited healthcare professionals at 'Access Independent', who are independent of my existing care and treatment, in order to determine my eligibility for a Blue Badge at both application and throughout the period the Blue Badge is valid.
- Where necessary, the local authority will check information with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to enable the council to make a decision on your application and throughout the period the Blue Badge is valid.
- CCC will contact the DVLA if there are concerns over a person's fitness to drive.
- CCC may also contact you in the future with further related services which are offered by CCC.
By proceeding with this application, you are indicating your acceptance and confirmation of the above terms and conditions and that you understand your personal information will be processed in line with our privacy notice and data protection legislation.