Our approach to adult social care
We have developed an approach to social work and social care called Transforming Lives. The Transforming Lives model changes the way the Council provides support to individuals, carers, families and communities within Cambridgeshire.
Together with our partners, we have developed an approach that is increasingly proactive, preventative and personalised. Transforming Lives will enable the residents of Cambridgeshire to exert choice and control and ultimately continue to live – to the fullest extent possible – healthy, fulfilled, socially engaged and independent lives.
- enable people to live independently
- support people in a way that works for them
- support the development of strong, connected communities
- recognise the strengths of individuals, families and communities and build upon these
- work in partnership to achieve this.
Look out for opportunities to get involved in shaping this approach. Engagement with stakeholders and partners, including service users and carers is key and we are keen that everyone has the opportunity to participate in the future development of the Transforming Lives approach.