District Council Bin collections

Cambridgeshire County Council is not responsible for your bin collection  service. Contact your local District Council below for information on your kerbside collection:

Cambridge City Council

East Cambridgeshire District Council

Fenland District Council

Huntingdonshire District Council

South Cambridgeshire District Council

The district councils are waste collection authorities. They are responsible for:

  • collecting household waste from kerbside, supplying new bins or reporting missed collections
  • removing fly-tipped waste and abandoned vehicles from public land
  • collecting bulky waste from households by special arrangement. You can also arrange for private contractors to collect bulky waste
  • providing local recycling points eg in local supermarket car parks. You can find your local recycling point using the Recycle-more website
  • arranging for the recyclable waste they collect to be recycled
  • disposing of parks and public gardens waste
  • collecting litter and street cleaning
  • offering waste collection support to elderly and disabled e.g. assisted wheeled bin collections and returns
  • providing waste education to local schools
  • collecting trade waste by special arrangement

The county and district councils work with Peterborough City Council (PCC) as the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Waste Partnership. Waste that cannot be collected by your district council or taken to your local recycling centre must still be disposed of responsibly. Private contractors are able to deal with many different wastes and ensure that they are disposed of safely.