Bulky waste collections
If you are unable to bring bulky items to a Household Recycling Centre your district council can collect them for a fee.
- Cambridge City Council - Bulky waste
- East Cambridgeshire District Council - Bulky waste
- Fenland District Council - Bulky waste
- Huntingdonshire District Council - Bulky waste
- South Cambridgeshire District Council -Bulky waste
Recycling Banks are located across Cambridgeshire so that you don’t have to go as far to recycle your waste. Recycling banks accept items such as textiles, electrical items, books and shoes.
- Cambridge City Council
- East Cambridgeshire District Council
- Fenland District Council
- Huntingdonshire District Council
- South Cambridgeshire District Council
Composting at home
You can help the environment, improve your garden and save money by composting at home.
To find out more, go to the Recycle Now website.
Charity shops are an excellent way to reduce, recycle and reuse unwanted items.
To find out more, go to the Charity Retail Association website.
Use retailer take-back services
Make items available for immediate re-use via online platforms.
Check the Reuse Network website for small businesses or charities in your area able to mend or repurpose your furniture and appliances.
The RECAP website has many ideas on how to reduce and re-use your impact on the environment when it comes to waste.