Household Waste only
Cambridgeshire’s Household Recycling Centres are provided for waste created by Cambridgeshire residents in their own homes.
They will not accept waste from:
- Tradespeople working on your property
- Landlords except tenants bringing their own household waste
- parish councils, schools, charity shops or clubs
- large scale construction, demolition or renovation projects
Read further information about excluded waste types on our Policies and Strategies page.
The maximum size of vehicle allowed on site is 5 metres long by 2 metres high. Trailers must be no longer than 2.5 metres long (excluding towing mechanism). Certain vehicle types are not allowed on site and `commercial type’ vehicles such as vans and pick-up trucks as well as larger trailers require e-permits. Read our E-permits page for further information.
You can cycle onto sites, but pedestrian access is not permitted as sites do not have separate pedestrian access to avoid conflict with vehicles.
- You can make your visit quicker and easier by sorting your waste before coming to site.
- Dress appropriately, with sensible shoes. We suggest wearing gloves.
- Children, (under 12) and animals must remain in vehicles at all times. Children aged 12 and over are allowed to assist with moving items from vehicles to the relevant containers provided they remain under the close control of their parents or carers.
Please ask a member of site staff if not sure what to do with an item.
Site staff will not remove items from vehicles or trailers.
If you need help please speak to a member of staff on arrival. They will tell you where to park and where to deposit items on the ground for disposal after your departure.
Sites without steps
We have three sites without steps so you can drop waste into the skips from where you reverse park your vehicle. If you have heavier items or find it difficult to bring your waste up steps, then these sites may be more suitable for you:
Will materials be recycled?
Our aim is to recycle as much as possible of materials accepted at sites. Materials collected separately for recycling will be sent to legitimate recycling companies to be made into new materials.
Watch our short video to help your visit go more smoothly
Please note that recycling rate and disposal costs were accurate at the time of production.