Types of support

Can you find the information you need on our website today?

Please tell us in our adult services web feedback survey.

Support to stay independent

Most people will never need residential care. If you are starting to struggle with day to day tasks there are steps you can take to remain independent and active.

  • Taking steps to reduce the risk of falls will help you stay independent for longer. This includes strength and balance exercises. Stay Stronger for Longer- Be Well website.
  • Aids and devices can help with mobility, getting out and about, and getting things done around the house. Technology-enabled care can help you to live independently by monitoring your activity and alerting someone if you need help.
  • You can make changes to your home to make it safer and easier for you to remain living there.
  • Moving to a home which better meets your needs may mean that you can remain in your own home for life. Assess your housing needs and get personal recommendations at Housing Options for Older People (HOOP).
  • Could your local community support you with things like lunch clubs, exercise classes and meal delivery services?
  • The district nurse can help you to manage medical conditions from home. This includes pressure care and provision of hospital beds, where eligible.

Types of care

Those with the highest levels of need may need some personal care. 

Visiting Support Service for Older People

Providing extra support when you need it most, including support with bereavement, finances and paperwork. Delivered by Cambridge City Council, South Cambs District Council, and Age UK for those living in Fenland, East Cambs and Huntingdonshire.