Applying for a school place
You must apply online using our Citizen Portal.
- If you are changing from one Cambridgeshire school to another you will need to supply a student details form to your current school. Once this has been completed, it needs to be attached and sent with your application.
- If you are applying under academic or religious grounds, you may also need to complete a Supplementary Information Form (SIF) and send this to the school so they have it when they receive a request for a school place from us.
- You will make one application per child and the application will be based on your child’s home address.
- You should specify three schools, in order of preference. It is strongly recommended that you select your catchment school as one of your three preferences.
- Use all three preferences. If you only apply to one school, and there are no places available, we may allocate a school that you would not have chosen. You will also be responsible for getting your child to and from that school.
- Check that you are not including any schools that administer their own in-year admissions as one of your three preferences (see frequently asked questions below).
- If you are moving, or have moved address, you will need to attach proof of address with your application (see frequently asked questions below).
Frequently asked questions
Sophia - Admissions Team Leader
"We process over 5,000 in-year applications a year, with around 3,000 of those between May and August for a place in September. Apply early, use all three preferences, include your catchment school and attached the correct documentation so we can process your application on time"